Saturday, November 7, 2015

How i became a media geek


I love media. You can simply call me a media geek. I always watch different media and observe them. It is one of my passion for my life. I even own the largest online reality show fan community in Korea. You might wondering why or how I became a media geek. 

10 years ago, I was a high school student who liked computer game. One day, I turned on TV and i saw afro haired woman. She was very pretty. She was giving advice to 10 different girls and yet she was very charismatic. I quickly became a fan of this show called ‘America’s next top model’. At that time, I spent a lot of time doing internet so i decided to find out more about this show. Unfortunately, There wasn’t enough information in Korean websites. Therefore, I decided to search American websites. Luckily, I could find a way to download the show. I watched every season of it and i decided to make a fan community for it. That was one of biggest steps in my life. 03.19.2006, My community started ambitiously. 

I loved movies as well. I don’t know why but I always wanted to share my opinion about movie with others all the times. I joined a saturday movie watching club from school. Every saturday, if I watched a movie i needed to share my opinion in somewhere. When i found community called ‘Djuna’, I screamed. There was a lot of professional movie reviews and there was  a discussion board as well.  They used a lot of difficult words but I was happy enough to study. Since this experience, I started to review or observe every media that I watched. 

Then I became a university student. I was a freshmen who was full of ambition. So I wanted to extend my community to the next step.Therefore, I extended category from ‘America’s next top model’ to ‘reality show in general’. Sadly, I had to go a military service one year after. However, Extension had been made when I was absent from community. ‘Korea’s next top model’ and ‘Project runway korea’ had huge success. So, my community got even bigger.I even got a call from producer of ‘Korea’s next top model’. In 2012, I had a meeting with an executive producer. I could not believe that I gave an opinion to them. This experience was very special and made me want to be a producer. 

I still own a community and I still continue my life pattern as a media geek. Sadly, my favorite shows are ended but my life have not changed at all. There is always a new media coming out and i’m going to observe every single one of them. Hopefully, I could be the one who is going to make a great media in a future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment